TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hingis talks about comeback

Martina Hingis, playing in the Toray PPO talks about her comeback:

“The game has just got more relentless,” Hingis told Reuters in an interview after a making a winning start at the Pan Pacific Open.

From the first point you really just have to be focused and on full-time. If you let down a little bit, the players come back at you and bite you.

“But I’m confident. The potential is there and I’m improving every week.”


Maria Sharapova thinks Hingis will make it back to the top ten.
“Martina is not in there yet but I’m sure she will quickly get into the top 10.”


I'm not convinced. Although I don't think every top ten player is really great, I just can't picture Hingis there - I still feel like she is going to have a lot of work ahead of her, and that she could bail if things get too tough. Tracy Austin disagrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home