TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Massu wins first title since Olympics

Nicolas Massu, who is probably most memorable for his comeback to win in the Olympics, has added his first title since the Games in Athens to his collection. He said:
'I did get nervous at the end of the match but thanks to God I managed to close it and win this very important title.'

I'll admit it, this guy kinda bugs me, but he is still fun to watch. I thought for sure he would be called out for doping after the Olympics, because it seemed superhuman to be able to pull off those wins - but he wasn't, so he really has to be credited for digging deep there.

(random worthless tangent) ...which makes me wonder how interesting a doping league in tennis could be...no drug testing, just let people fight it out...then, maybe at the end of the year, the #1 doper could play Feder...oops, the number one ATP (or WTA) player. I'd pay to see it. Even a doping Olympics would be fun. (end random worthless tangent)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home