TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Roddick loses to Murray

Roddick is still searching for success on the court:
"It just seemed like I couldn't get the ball to go through the court like I would have liked," Roddick said. "It was difficult. I wasn't getting much bite on my service action. It was frustrating."

Murray also plainly took a lesson from players such as Roger Federer and Marcos Baghdatis who simply blocked Roddick's serve back in past wins over the American.

"He returned well," Roddick said. "I hit a bomb at my spot and he'd block it back and I'd be back to neutral again."

Murray's nerves were on display when he doubled faulted on his first match point at 6-5 and fought off a break point before closing out the match with 25 total winners to Roddick's 14.

"I was a little nervous, but I have a little more experience against the best players now," Murray said. "I know when they start to come back on me that the worst way to play is defensively. Today I played more aggressively and it paid off."


I figure that we'll be seeing Roddick in a final soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home