TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Friday, August 04, 2006

Legg Mason Classic Diary



The Desert Sun is running an ongoing "diary" from a local kid working at the Legg Mason Classic in Washington this week - I always like behind the scenes stories from the people who are involved in the event (read my own in this blog). Check it out.

On Wednesday I watched the Bryan brothers practice and reunite with their dad, Wayne Bryan, who was the Pac-Life on-court announcer until 2005. We talked about Indian Wells, how well the Bryans have done this summer, and how awesome the Davis Cup was this year at Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage against Chile.

Thursday, James Blake went up against Marat Safin in what I think could be the best match of the tournament. Blake is the No. 1 seed but when Safin plays well, he could beat anyone. (Eds. note: Safin won, see C7).

Brad Gilbert, Andy Murray's coach, definitely recognizes me now because when we saw each other yesterday, he jokingly told me how ugly my ball kid uniform is. I then responded saying, "If you add my age (18) and Murray's (19), we're still younger than you." Note - Gilbert is 44 and Murray and I are 37.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home