TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Shut the hell up!


From www.tennis-x.com, the quote of the day:

John Newcombe telling Fox Sports that Maria Sharapova needs to shut the hell up with the shriek-grunting: "I think it's illegal. If I was playing against someone who was doing it all the time, I would ask for the referee and say the player has to stop. They're deliberately obstructing me from hearing the ball come off the strings. It's actually what I consider legalized cheating because one of your great senses that you have on the tennis court is your ability to hear the ball come off your opponent's strings."


I say forget reasoning, she just needs to shut it, period.

Photo by Getty Images.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home