TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Friday, February 03, 2006

Toray PPO: Russian women dominate semifinals

The Toray PPO semifinals are mostly dominated by Russian women, with Martina Hingis also making it in.

The matches will be as follows:
Maria Sharapova vs. Martina Hingis
Anastasia Myskina vs. Elena Dementieva

Yes, a little bit of doubt is creeping into my mind - maybe Hingis CAN make the top ten...

"I was always saying when I came back that I wanted to play her [Sharapova] and that day has arrived," said Hingis, 25, who won the last of her four career Toray titles in 2002.


"It will be really exciting," said the 18-year-old Sharapova, who has become a fashion icon as well as a world-class player. "Obviously I've never played her before so I don't really know [her]. I just have to go out on the court and see how it goes."


Vaidisova was knocked out by Dementieva in three sets- everyone is still waiting for her breakout year - but she is still young and not playing the full tournament quite yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home