TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Monday, March 13, 2006

From the PacLife Open: Nadal brings the crowd


iw2006 365
Originally uploaded by robynw.
Finally, finally we had some sunny weather for tennis! Everyone in Palm Springs who claims to be a local says this kind of weather "hasn't been since in the 14 years I have been here", hasn't produced "this much snow in the mountains since 1964", etc.

I was looking forward to seeing Nadal on the court on Sunday - I find his energy to be absolutely infectious. He has a large following with the younger fans - and they showed up in force on Sunday morning. The stadium did not fill up, but was the most full I had seen it (stay tuned for who DID fill it up).

The wind was a constant presence, as Nadal, noted in his post-match interview: "Yeah, unbelievable, very difficult to play like this, no? It's windy, and the windy is not go to the right, to the left, like this, in front. The wind go like this (swing to left) and it's very difficult to play like this. It's not easy and I -- I don't feel good."

All in all, it was a good match to start with, and this win is just one step. He was able to beat Hernych 6-4 6-4.

BTW, I can vouch that those white pants are pretty much see-through. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home