TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Tennis Channel Open final: Hewitt v. Blake

Yeah, whiny old Lleyton Hewitt is on a roll. This will be his second final this year, and I am also pulling for it to be his second defeat. James Blake, who has taken out Ivo Karlovic tonight (7-6, 6-1), is his opponent.

Why am I pulling for James? Well, I cannot stand Hewitt. I have all these strange rules about who I would root for in a match if two people I liked played each other, two people I didn't like played each other, etc. My rule with Hewitt is that no matter who he plays, I always want him to lose. Always.

No, I wasn't always this way about Hewitt. He has truly earned my hatred over the past few years. I'm sure I've mentioned the reasoning enough in past posts...

I think James continues to put in a lot of hard work to earn everything coming to him. He never acts like a jerk (*coughcough*), never gets full of himself, and seems to put in a honest effort for the matches he plays. I really like watching him play. He is currently getting press as the person to dethrone Andy Roddick - I am not sure that will happen, since it is hard to be sure of anything with Roddick these days, but I'd like to see Blake continue to improve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home