TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Safin and coach Lundgren part ways

Marat Safin is taking time off from working with coach Peter Lundgren for an unspecified amount of time. Lundgren was recently interviewed about the decision:
“Marat is not quite himself any more, he doesn't know where he stands,” said Lundgren.

“He told me: ‘Peter, I have nothing against you but I have to go on my own for a while'. And I understand him perfectly.

“We have taken a break now and we'll see what happens. Hopefully we'll be back in autumn with Marat in better shape. And I believe we'll start it off together then.” Eurosport

Sounds like Safin is having his typical ups and downs - as always, he is quite unpredicatble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home