TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Monday, February 06, 2006

Sharapova-bashing by Hingis


Martina Hingis
Originally uploaded by Globi.
I've been searching around to find the exact quote from last month, but had some trouble (ie laziness). I finally stumbled onto it on tennis-x.com (warning: annoying pop-up windows!) Martina Hingis:

"It's always been, 'I wonder what she's got, Sharapova?' Because I don't see that she's got something that special. Her serve is great, her groundstrokes, but I can't tell until I play her what makes her so exceptional."


A not-so-subtle insult, which is cool in my book - of course, I am not much of a Sharapova fan anyway. I also think it is good for the game - nothing is more dull than the top players sitting around and complimenting each other. I like to see some fight in these matches, and if trash talk gets people fired up, great! Those who think it shouldn't be part of the game must have some kind of illusion of everyone sitting around serving tea and chatting merrily away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home