TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Want to learn more about Andy Murray?

A well-written article was posted about him that beats pretty much anything you'll read here. In the event that the evil "you must subscribe to this site" gods prevent you from following the link, I have extracted some of the Andy Murray info below:
Murray's lifestyle is very different from those of Henman and Rusedski. For much of the last three years he has been living at a tennis academy in Barcelona, where he has based his training, or at home with his mother and his brother in Dunblane, Scotland, or staying at Petchey's family home.

Or, much more frequently, in hotel rooms, occasionally sharing a room with Petchey to save money.

Like most teenagers, Murray wears hooded tops and brightly-coloured clothes and is often seen between matches listening to his Ipod. He would also like a little more independence and has ambitions of passing his driving test - if he can find the time for lessons.

"I don't want a flash car, just something that would allow me to stop using the Tube. And it would be good not to have to rely on my mum all the time, particularly when I have to listen to her singing in her car," he has said.

Murray has been far from extravagant with the money he has earned so far, and is "not interested in big houses". He is more concerned with spending his leisure time following boxing and going go-karting.

"I've been lucky to have earned a few quid over the last few months but this is the first time I've had any money to spend. Yet I have bought nothing - apart from CDs, DVDs, and a Playstation.

"I guess I'm not used to having any cash. My only possessions are an Ipod, a laptop, my Playstation, a pair of boxing gloves and a few clothes - and my rackets.

"I think I'm pretty much a normal teenager but I don't do trendy nightclubs. You're more likely to find me in Pizza Express."

He won me over with that Pizza Express part. I LOVE Pizza Express.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home