TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Monday, March 13, 2006

From the PacLife Open: Murray exits on Sunday


iw2006 437
Originally uploaded by robynw.
Andy Murray fought hard and had to brush off a fall on court, but failed to defeat Nikolai Davydenko. Davydenko was next set to play the winner of Moya-Safin. From the little that I saw of him, he clearly had a lot of enthusiasm and passion. From the interview:
I don't think I played my best match today, but I gave 100 percent, and I think that's all you can ask for. I said other day I'm not going to play consistently my best every week because I'm too young, but I fought pretty hard and he hardly made any mistakes. And it was tough to get the ball -- I was struggling a little bit with the conditions. It was -- I didn't feel like I could go for the ball too much. And when I was, it was almost working against me because he was just standing right up on the baseline and just hitting it into the corners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home