TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Nadal injured, won't play China Open

I'm guessing this is more of an injury of convenience, so Rafa Nadal can get some recovery time in after his US Open loss.
Nadal, the tournament's defending champion, said he was hurt during the fourth round of the U.S. Open. He was knocked out in the quarterfinals by Mikhail Youzhny.

"I am really sorry to my fans in China as I was looking forward to come to Beijing and defend my title," Nadal was quoted as saying on the tournament's website. "I injured my ankle in my previous match and despite treatment, it was not better during my quarterfinal, which hampered my movement. I need to rest and have treatment so that I can return to training and competition as soon as possible. I hope to be able to return to China in November and also back to the China Open next year."

Nadal's statement about to returning to China in November is in reference to the season-ending Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai. Seattle Post-Intelligencer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home