TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Friday, September 08, 2006

What is next for Cahill?

Darren Cahill and Agassi seemed to have a great coaching relationship going on - but I have no predictions on who he could pick up next. I'm assuming that Lleyton Hewitt is in the market for a great coach, but I haven't been following tennis long enough to have seen the ahill-Hewitt relationship.
"The last five years has gone like the snap of a finger, and it's gone so quickly," Andre Agassi's coach said.

"My greatest regret is that I wasn't able to work with him longer because I've enjoyed every second. And words can't really describe the person that he is off the court. Everyone gets to see him on the court, and I'm fortunate that I get to spend time with him off the court."

Cahill, who took Lleyton Hewitt to world No.1 before helping extend Agassi's career at the top, said he was not in a hurry to make a career decision after Agassi lost in the third round of the US Open.

"I'm definitely going back to Vegas," he said.

"I'll head back and enjoy some time with him and make sure we celebrate his retirement in the proper way.

"I'm not opposed to getting re-involved in the coaching world or staying involved in tennis some way."
The Australian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home