TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Seles encouraged friend Jankovic

Jelena Jankovic had the quiet support of former fellow Serb Monica Seles during her run to the US Open semi-finals, a career-best performance which ended at the hands of Justine Henin- Hardenne. Seles, who has not played in more than three years but who has also never formally retired, has been offering behind-the-scenes encouragement to the 21-year-old Jankovic.

While the pair have not met recently in person, Jankovic said: "She's writing me e-mails, I haven't talked to her.

"She's giving me all the support, telling me I played great."

The two generations of tennis have been in previous contact, though Jankovic is sketchy on the exact details.

"Of course I know her, we speak in Serbia. I'm so happy that I can work with her, she can give me some advice. She's a legend of this sport, and I'm so happy and proud to have a mentor like her.

"I don't remember exactly where was the first time I met her. I don't know. Maybe in some tournaments, or while she was still playing." The Raw Story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home