TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sharapova Supports Electronic Line Calling

During the 3rd set of the Henin-Hardenne/Sharapova semifinal, there were two apparently bad calls that went against Sharapova. Because of the timing of these calls, Sharapova would have likely had a huge advantage in the match, as she would have been up 4-2 instead of down 2-4. Her interview comment on these calls:


I think it's definitely something that will help the players and it will make our game more exciting, yeah. I mean, especially in those situations, especially in these kind of matches.

I'm not blaming anyone. I'm not blaming the umpires. But, I mean, they're human, they make mistakes and so do we. But, yes, if there's a logical way of improving, you know, the choices they make, then, yeah, why not?


Once again, I am tired of the bad calls. While it is part of the game, I'd rather have error eliminated. Those calls were no Kiefer Meltdown, but enough to likely alter the outcome of the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home