TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sharapova angry about illegal coaching questions

Television cameras showed Sharapova's hitting partner Michael Joyce holding up four fingers during the Russian teenager's 6-4 6-4 victory over Justine Henin-Hardenne.

In response, Sharapova returned what appeared to be a similar four-finger signal.


Sharapova, 19, said after the match that she wanted to have a "positive interview" with reporters and refused to answer what the signal meant.

The Russian had also been questioned over the past few days about receiving courtside advice from her father Yuri.

Between games, when he drank water, Sharapova drank water, and when he ate a banana, she ate a banana.

"Honestly, I believe at the end of the day, personally, my life is not about a banana; it's not about what I wear; it's not about the friends that I have," she said.

"My career right now is about winning a tennis match. And right now I'm sitting here as a U.S. Open champion, and the last thing I think people need to worry about is a banana." Reuters UK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home