TENNIS :: NEWS :: GOSSIP :: RUMORS :: PHOTOS :: SCORES :: OPINIONS :: LINKS

Your Ad Here

Monday, August 21, 2006

Clisters is officially out of US Open

Kim Clijsters will not be playing in the US Open to defend her title this year due to injury.

Here's her site comments prior to withdrawing:
Having to withdraw in a second round with another wrist injury only two weeks before the US Open, dammit, I really wasn't waiting for this to happen. And again, like two years ago, it is the left wrist; I feel now more or less the same pain as I did then. A ultrasound should clear things out soon.

I didn't see this one coming at all, so I don't think it is something inflammatory or chronic. I didn't feel any problem at all in the previous matches. I have been training for 2 hours yesterday with Kuznetsova without any problem at all.

Today though I started feeling something during the first set. I already dropped my backhand and turned over to a slice backhand. As well, getting it taped I was hoping to be able to make to the end of the match as I don't like to withdraw. But when some time later I slipped and fell on the hand, I immediately felt something was wrong and that I couldn't go on any longer.

I immediately called for two doctors, but they couldn't give me a definitive analysis either. Tomorrow morning I'll be having an ultrasound and the situation should be much clearer then. I'm afraid it doesn't look good, but that feeling can be partially due to the disappointment as well. I really don't want to go for another surgery and a long recovery. We'll see about that later on.

Meanwhile, let's hope it will not be too bad in the end?

ciao,
Kim
Kim's Diary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home